Sunday, July 21, 2013

Everybody Loves A Nut - A Saturday Centus






Ahh, I love the smell of Centus in the morning.
  
Smells like... brevity!

Welcome Centusians, bloggy buddies, close friends and family, lurkers, and the ever-present government intelligence agency operatives to yet another brief foray into the written word here on Sophisticated Lunacy.

What follows is my entry into Ms. Jenny Matlock's wildly popular Saturday Centus, a literary meme that challenges writers to pen stories or poems using a prompt and only 100 extra words.  This is week 170 of Saturday Centus and our Ms. Jenny has offered us up the 7-word prompt of "I fell into a ring of fire" to test our creative imaginations.

For those of you with a bent toward word-slinging, I encourage you to join along in the fun and compose your own 107-word story or poem and link it back to Jenny's SC post for this week at her blog, off on my tangent.  Then you too can proudly count yourself as a true Centusian and qualify for all the benefits and accolades inherent thereof.

Incidentally, the Oxford English Dictionary is still resisting my efforts to include the word "Centusian" into its next printing.  Please help out the cause by incorporating it into an additional hundred thousand citations in the coming months.  Thank you.

Without further delay, here is my 107-word effort for this week.  I have entitled it:



Everybody Loves A Nut




“Doc, it’s this recurring dream.  It troubles me.” 

“Tell me about it, Joaquin.”

“I’m in this band with my daddy, a boy named Sue, and some guy named Jackson.  Daddy sang bass.  Sunday morning I’m coming down the elevator when the floor dropped away and I fell into a ring of fire. Then a man in black appears and motions me to follow a line on the floor.  So I walk the line when suddenly I see ghost riders in the sky and cry, cry, cry.

So what do you think, Doc?”


 “Mr. Phoenix, it sounds like you really need to do another biopic.”


Jenny Matlock


I keep on having dreams that I am Iron Man.
They always end when the armor falls off and underneath it all I am Stark naked.  -  Anon.


.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! You are very punny. The only thing I love more than a good pun is a bad pun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Very clever, my funny friend. Now see, I could never do what you do. Thanks for my first big smile of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA I love this. Hopefully one day Joaquin will be able to wake from the dream. I love what went through your head with this prompt!

    ~Lissa
    ^ Those are from my favorite Cash song.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your comments with me!

Blogs I Am In Awe Of