Thursday, November 3, 2011

Enter Darkness, A Saturday Centus

.
Jenny Matlock

It is Saturday Centus time again, the 78th week to be precise, and I am once again woefully behind in my blog posting duties. Fortunately I have time enough to squeeze in a tiny story or two before time runs out for this week’s dark-themed meme scheme. 

Dark-themed? 


Yes, you heard correctly. Our wonderful hostess Jenny Matlock from her blog, off on my tangent, has given us a visual prompt from which to base our stories and poems. It’s a black rectangle. That’s it. Sort of Halloweeny-ish you might say. Oh, and we have 25 whole words to accomplish the task too. 





The usual rules apply, especially no splitting the prompt. Additionally, and I can’t stress this enough for some of you, that typing your post with your feet while playing the Ukulele wearing only a bowler hat is not permitted. That would just be too weird, even for a Centusian.

Insofar as we are dealing with only 25 word stories here, I have a couple of story ideas I wanted to drop on you this week. So if you will indulge me, here are my contributions for this week’s Saturday Centus:


Bedtime

Alone.

Trapped in another stygian nightmare.

Gloomy realm of the terrifying shadow-people.

The floor creaks.

They come for me.

Where is my night light?

 

  
Despicable Me


The candidate’s day was done.

No more speeches, interviews or promises.

Lifting a glass of wine, he smiled

at the dark reflection of his soul.



Jenny Matlock

Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness. 
                                                                           - Martin Luther King, Jr.





2 comments:

  1. wow....that second one was really scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stygian? I think you're the only person I know who could write this word and make it believable.

    I just want you to know that you have my support when you run for President. I'm pretty broke but I might be able to scrounge together 100 bucks for your campaign!

    I bet you are looking forward to the holiday break!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your comments with me!

Blogs I Am In Awe Of